It may seem odd to some that with all the problems and tensions in the world today, the Pope has chosen to rebuke American nuns for being more concerned about poverty and social justice issues than with abortion and gay marriages.
Last month the Vatican’s Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith scolded the Leadership Conference of Women Religious (which represents some 80% of American nuns) for “serious doctrinal problems,” such as subscribing to “radical feminist themes” like social justice and poverty while being silent about abortion and same sex marriages.
A shred of hope.
- politicalattire reblogged this from fuckyeahliberalatheists
- fuckyeahliberalatheists reblogged this from christiantheatheist
- thriceandonce reblogged this from postmodernismruinedme
- thriceandonce likes this
- postmodernismruinedme reblogged this from cool-whatever and added:
- nicoax18 reblogged this from christiantheatheist
- morningorgan reblogged this from christiantheatheist
- morningorgan likes this
- cool-whatever reblogged this from christiantheatheist
- cool-whatever likes this
- child-of-the-universe likes this
- diewithstoriestotell reblogged this from dat-asterisk
- dat-asterisk reblogged this from christiantheatheist
- alexthedoublehelix likes this
- christiantheatheist posted this